I could not have written this book without the support of Becky Knauer and Shannon LeMay-Finn. I sincerely appreciate their partnership and dedication to keeping our work on track and accurate.
I would also like to acknowledge the contributions of several other people who made this book possible: Joyce Nielson for her technical edits of the manuscripts (nothing gets past Joyce), Jeff Shelstad for believing in my vision for this book, and our film production team—Peg Portz, John Santamaria, and Noel Kratzer. It is great to be working with this team in the studio again.
Finally, I would like to thank my wife, Julie, and my children, Isaac and Stella. I am extremely lucky to have such a wonderful and supportive family.
I would also like to thank the following reviewers whose comprehensive feedback and suggestions for improving the material helped make this a better text:
- Steve Borga, Ohio State University, Lima Campus
- Paul Dominguez, Long Island University, C.W. Post Campus
- Richard W. Evans, Rhode Island College
- David Eve, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
- Jane Hammer, Valley City State University
- Heith Hennel, Valencia Community College
- Irene Joos, La Roche College
- Linda Lau, Longwood University
- Audrey Lawrence, Palm Beach State College
- Frederick Lawrence, Queens College, The City University of New York
- Steven Leventhal, Queens College, The City University of New York
- Charles Lundin, Richland College
- Orin Marvin, John Carroll University
- Stephen Pomeroy, Norwich University
- Leonard Presby, William Paterson University
- Leslie Rist, Ed.D, Lewis-Clark State College
- Jeffrey Rufinus, Widener University
- Elaine Stredney, Kent State University
- Priscilla Truesdell, Palo Alto College
Finally, I would like to thank Dr. Greg Jeffries, DeSales University, for testing the materials in his classroom.